“...white is no vegetation or barren and grey is where the data does not show a statistically significant greening or browning.”
–Prof. Myneni (private communication)
1. Sahara Desert Greening Due to Climate Change?, by James Owen, National Geographic News, July 31, 2009 (or here; was here)
3. http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Elevated_carbon_dioxide_making_arid_regions_greener_999.html (and paper)
4. https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg17523610-300-africans-go-back-to-the-land-as-plants-reclaim-the-desert/ (or here; was here)
9. Bastin, F-L., et al., 2017. The extent of forest in dryland biomes. Science 356, 635-638.
10. Zu, Z., et al., 2016. Greening of the Earth and its drivers. Nature Climate Change 6, 791-795.
Excerpt from "related" article #1 (above):