Top climate blogs (and other useful climate sites)
- WattsUpWithThat.com ("WUWT") is the indispensible blog site of climatologist Anthony Watts, and the #1 climate blog on the Internet. He's a prominent "climate skeptic."
- RealClimate.org ("RC") was the top Climate Movement ("alarmist") blog, but activity there has diminished.
- DailyClimate.org and
two news-aggregator sites for climate-related articles. (They're both firmly in the alarmist camp,
and cheerleaders for the wind and solar “renewable” power industries, but the sites
are nevertheless useful.)
- UK-based TheGWPF.org (the "Global Warming Policy Foundation") is led by Dr. Benny Peiser, and an all-star Academic Advisory Council.
- Climate Central is another major Climate Movement ("alarmist") site.
- WoodForTrees.org is
Paul Clark's very useful web site for analysis and interactive graphing of climate temperature
data. (See the Resources page for other similar tools.)
- ClimateData.info is also a useful resource, with many climate-related graphs & statistics.
- ClimateAudit.org is the blog site of Canadian mathematician Steve McIntyre, "the man who busted Mann's Hockey Stick."
- Australian Joanne Nova ("JoNova") is always insightful.
- So is another Australian, Dr. Jennifer Marohasy.
- So is Prof. Judith Curry, whose blog is called "Climate Etc."
- The Blackboard is Lucia Liljegren's excellent climate blog.
- WorldClimateReport.com is "The Web's Longest-Running Climate Change Blog." Its chief editor is climatologist Patrick J. Michaels.
- IceCap.us is also excellent.
- So is Bishop Hill.
- So is Paul Homewood's "Not A Lot Of People Know That" blog.
- So is Tom Moriarty's ClimateSanity blog.
- So is Thomas Fuller's The Lukewarmer's Way blog.
- So is Kevin Marshall's ManicBeancounter blog.
- I don't know who "UC" is, but he (or she) is very sharp. He has a blog here (moved from here).
- Popular Technology
specializes in archives of skeptical climate resources, such as a list of
100 articles from the 1970s about the global cooling scare, and a list of over 1350
peer-reviewed papers expressing skepticism about various aspects of the global warming scare.
- German Rudolf Kipp has analyzed (in German)
the results of the adjustments of the ESA and Colorado satellite sea level data. His conclusion:
"Even though the [satellite-measured] sea level rise rate has decreased over the years, the rate of sea level rise was kept more or less constant at above 3 mm/year by applying various adjustments."
(or google-translated to English)
- On the Left (gloves-off): most Climate Movement (alarmist) blogs are censored to limit dissent
(Yale Climate Forum, SeaMonster, DeSmogBlog, SkepticalScience, Tamino, etc.).
found one which is not: Peter Sinclair's Climate Crocks.
3/16/2014 Update: I'm sorry to report that Climate Crocks is now censored, too. If anyone knows of a
Climate Movement (alarmist) blog which permits uncensored polite dissent, please send me an email.
2/3/2015 Update: I've stumbled across two possibilities: Steve Carson's Science Of Doom,
or (less likely) Ken Rice's And Then There's Physics (formerly WottsUpWithThat). Perhaps one of them will prove to
be an exception to the heavy-handed censorship prevelant at alarmist climate blogs.
- On the Right (gloves-off): the Real Science and Real Climate Science blogs of Tony Heller (a/k/a Steve Goddard) provides a nice counterbalance to Climate Crocks.
- See also: our “Resources” page; some of the sites listed there are blogs, too.